Monday, December 16, 2013

I am in Sofia!

Hey, so I am in Sofia now and I will be serving here again! This time I will be the district leader and the branch is a lot different than it was before, instead of the two branches there is only one (they combined the two). I will miss Varna for sure it probably is my favorite area that I have served in (but I love them all very much) and it was sad to have to leave. I left pretty quick too.  Usually we move cities on Tuesday, but there is an Elder that was in Varna with me who finished his mission and has a flight home tomorrow, so I came in to Sofia this morning with him.  I got to spend my P-day on a bus!!   But it is all good and I am excited to be here in Sofia!

My new companion is Elder Harkness and I still don't know anything about him so I will have to let you know about him later!

Things are going well in Bulgaria and we have big expectations for the new year, especially here in Sofia.  The branch has a goal for 60 baptisms this year!  It is exciting for me to be here and work with them for that!

Answers to questions from mom:
  • What is the best thing members can do to help the missionaries?  The best thing a member can do is to invite friends to meet with the missionaries and to help out in lessons.
  • What is the biggest challenge the church faces in Bulgaria?  I'm not really sure what the biggest challenge is, it is difficult because the church is still pretty small but it is growing and I am excited to see what the future has for Bulgaria.
  • What is your biggest challenge as a missionary?  My biggest challenge is helping the members to invite their friends I am not super good at it and I am working to get better because it can be a big help in the missionary work.
  • What is the best part of being a missionary?  The best part of being a missionary is probably just meeting with and working with so many people, investigators, members, less actives... I love getting to know them and helping them to have the spirit more in their lives!
Love you all have a great week!!
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment