Monday, October 21, 2013

He gave us some bananas!

It sounds like it was a pretty good week and Ben is off on his mission!! I am very excited to hear how it is going for him! I liked the MTC but after a few weeks I was ready to head out so he is lucky to have some good time there and to get out into the field quick!

So for me, this week was pretty good.  We are doing well and have some cool investigators. We have a new investigator from Nigeria who is a student here.  He is super cool and has incredible faith and accepted a baptismal date for the end of November! Also this week, we started our English courses and they are going really well.  We have a lot of cool people that are coming.  It was pretty funny too, after our first lesson one lady came up and was talking with us about how she is a believer and all but also how the whole time she was looking at our haircuts, she is a hairstylist.  I had just gotten a haircut the day before but the haircut wasn't the best I had ever gotten, but I thought it was pretty funny how she kept mentioning my haircut in our conversation.  Maybe I will have to go to her next time I need a hair cut so she can't say anything anymore!

Also, you should all take a look at the October New Era, on the cover are a couple missionaries from my mission!  And also inside are a few, I'm not in there but one of them that is on the cover, Elder Killpack, I actually worked with him in Shumen this week on exchanges and he is from my MTC group.  So I know someone that thousands of church members have looked at!! 

Other than that things are going well, we have a couple investigators with dates and they are progressing well! We also have this one priest that we met with, he is super nice and loves our church so it is pretty funny talking with him.  He was super excited that there were so many missionaries in Bulgaria and he gave us some bananas when we left!

I love you all and have a super week! 
Elder Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment