Monday, September 3, 2012

This week has been good!

This week has been good, it's crazy though, it feels like I have been here forever but also like it was only yesterday that I wrote last.

The language is definitely improving I can understand more and speak a little bit better but like I seem to say a lot - there is still much more for me to learn.

This week I got to meet the rest of our investigators and they all are super awesome, we have some really solid investigators.  We had a good number of lessons this week, my first lesson that I set up with someone I contacted, didn't show but that's not too unusual.

We took some food to a баба (grandma or older lady)  this week and she was super nice.  She lives alone with her four cats.  She has a couple kids and grand kids but I could tell she was a bit lonely. We had asked about her family and she went into the other room and brought out these two, way thick, books of pictures of her her kids and other missionaries and such.  She has been a member for quite a bit, so we were there for a couple hours while she showed us the pictures and told us about them. She also read us a story from a book that her grand kids like and got some pictures with us.  ( I didn't have my camera but I will get a picture with her later)   That was way fun!

So my companion is way cool, he is super good at teaching and all and he is a good help for me in learning the language and keeping me involved in the lessons. He really, really loves vinegar though as well as spices.  Everything he cooks is just loaded with both of them, it doesn't taste bad but it's kind of like being punched in the mouth a lot when you are eating it. Our apartment is nice and good sized there is plenty of room for us.  The kitchen is pretty small, I wish the stove was a bit bigger but it is good enough. The bathroom is pretty sweet, it's like everything is tile and there is the shower attached to the sink and you basically shower around the sink and the toilet, so that is pretty neat.

I was kind of disappointed I didn't see the roaches last week but I've seen some around now, they aren't too impressive they are quite small, we luckily don't have any in our apartment though so it's all good.

The branch is really cool, we have some pretty cool members.  We are working with a recent convert , he is an engineer and he is so solid and awesome it is so much fun to teach him and work with him. Church was a lot better this week I wasn't nearly as tired and I could understand a bit more so that was good. Oh, one lady, I forget her name, she is super energetic though and way fun but while we were waiting at the church for one of our lessons (the no show) she was there cleaning and my companion, all the sudden, was like, "Hey, will you practice with him?"  So she pretended to be a stranger and I would have to stop her and all that jazz and she made me do it like a whole ton but she gave some really good advice too between each one, that was cool and pretty helpful but I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Oh and this week we were going to go to a soccer game, Levski vs Cherno moray, with one of our investigators Sophi (super solid investigator probably not baptized because mom is not super into her getting baptized), because her friend had some free tickets but then they didn't allow any fans at the game because at the last game the fans were so bad with fighting and other stuff that they had to be "punished" or something like that. So we didn't get to go but this week, at least I think it is this week, she also has tickets to Bulgaria vs. Italy so we should be going to that one!!

So yeah, that is whats up in Bulgaria right now, the work is going great and it is awesome to see how the Lord blesses us as we strive to be better, whether we are trying to be better missionaries or just better people. I know that He loves us all so much!!

Love to everyone!
Старейшина Максуел

No comments:

Post a Comment