Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm amazed at how much the Lord blesses me!

I don't usually include Christian's "family" messages but I had to include his advice to his sisters this week.  It is SO Christian and SO funny:
 
Emma you can't turn 16 yet you'll have to wait till i get back before you start dating cuz that's just weird.
 
Allegra (and Emma) sounds like you had a good time at the dance and watch out for cheesy pick up lines, real men would never stoop to using those.
 
And now on to his mission report!
 
Okay so this week has been pretty good.  Today, since the temple is on shutdown for cleaning, we went to help with that instead of doing a session so we were there for a few hours cleaning. They really get everything super clean, they literally gave us toothpicks and q-tips to use while we were cleaning the lockers.
 
On last Thurs we had our first TRC teachings and those went pretty well, mostly just RM's from the mission came in for that but we taught a couple twenty min. plus lessons to them.  Although I'm sure our grammar was terrible, we were able to get our messages across! We teach lessons almost every day, if not to one of our Teachers( investigators) then we are at the TRC.
 
For the fourth of July we had a special devotional thing then we got to go outside and try and watch the fireworks through the tree's. It was okay but they planned it over our gym time so that was kind of upsetting having to sit for a super long devotional after sitting in class all day instead of going to play soccer or something.
 
I'm almost a third of the way done here at the MTC, I cant wait to get out into the field but I still need to learn a lot more first even though I think we are making very good progress. I don't know if I told you last week but I've seen Elder Tidwell a couple times (he's like your cousin right?). It's way fun teaching with my companion, we get along really well and between the both of us we usually are able to understand what is going on in our lessons and what to say. We are working really hard on the language and setting goals and such for what we want to learn and how we are going to learn it each day and that is helping a lot. 
 
Oh and so every Sunday we all prepare talks then they call a couple up to speak after the sacrament so yesterday I had prepared my talk on repentance because that what I though we were supposed to prepare for that day and then after the sacrament they said that I would be speaking after one of the sisters and that the topic for the day was faith in Christ so I had like four min to quick plan something in my head, I don't know that it was the best talk but oh well. 
 
I am so excited to be a missionary, every day I am amazed at how much the Lord blesses me in this work and I'm not even out in the field yet!!
 
 
 Love you all, 
старейшина максуел

No comments:

Post a Comment